- Two new trim levels for 2016 include the Laramie Limited and the Rebel. The Laramie features a prominent badge, Argento wood, and premium leather. The Rebel offers increased ride height, standard 33-in. tires, skid plates, tow hooks, and other off-road-ready features, as well as Radar Red and black seats with tire-tread-matching pattern. Both new versions of the Ram feature a new all-black headliner and pillars combination, and a grille design that represents a significant styling departure for the Ram Truck brand.
- Four new limited-edition variants based on the Ram 1500 Sport are available in crew cab format, in both rear-wheel and 4-wheel drive. Colors include Ignition Orange, TorRed, Stinger Yellow, and Ceramic Blue.
- The standard engine in the Ram 1500 is a 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 that generates 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft of torque. The available 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine makes 29 mpg highway, and generates 240 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque. The optional 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine makes 25 mpg highway, generating 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Fuel Saver technology includes a TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission, start/stop, thermal management system, pulse-width modulation, and active aerodynamics, including grille shutters and air suspension.
- The 2016 Ram 1500 features frame and body modifications designed to improve the truck’s performance in crash tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Specifically, tire blockers integrated with the frame rails reduce passenger-compartment intrusion by transferring wheel loads to the frame. Reinforced A-pillars and door sills maintain the structural integrity of the passenger compartment during impact, Ram says.
Kline Van / Woody’s to sponsor 360 Racing, develop VANDOIT adventure van For Immediate Release Kline Van / Woody’s to sponsor 360 Racing, develop VANDOIT