by: Sonja Griesbach
Smart financing tips
- Choose a car at a price that fits your budget. Your Sales Consultant can help you determine what price range of cars will work for the monthly payment you are looking for. You can also get a car payment estimate with our financing calculator.
- Maximize your down payment. Increasing your down payment lowers your monthly payment and may improve your offer and chance of approval.
- Be accurate. Provide accurate and thorough information on your application.
- Estimate your trade. Know how much equity you have in your current vehicle, if you’re planning on trading it in, to get a better understanding of your total purchase. If you’re not sure, Woody’s can give you a free appraisal of your current vehicle, and even contact your current financing company to help you determine your total equity.
Budget and affordability suggestions
If you’re like most customers, you’ll use some form of car financing to complete your vehicle purchase. The following information can help you determine what car payment you can afford each month, and how to use that to help with your vehicle selection.
Your monthly budget
Many financial institutions recommend that you spend no more than 25% of your gross monthly income (GMI) on your monthly vehicle payment. Examples:
- $2000 GMI = $300 or less per month
- $4000 GMI = $600 or less per month