It’s not too late to make it a special Labor Day Weekend!! If you’re traveling to the in-laws or attending football or baseball games. This is the best time to buy a vehicle if you’re on a budget.
Whether it’s before the big game or a prelude to enjoying your favorite performer in concert, tailgating is as American as the hot dogs grilled as part of the experience. Although just about any car or truck will do in a pinch, dedicated tailgaters know all vehicles are not created equal when it comes to hauling tables, folding chairs, grills, coolers and all of the other paraphernalia several hours of partying require. So which vehicles are the most comfortable and accommodating for traveling with a family or tailgating?
We’ve compiled a list of the top ten vehicles for you so all you have to do is come down to Woody’s for a test drive to select the best vehicle for you!!
A number of factors were weighed in choosing these selections:
• Cargo capacity.
• Features available to enhance the tailgating experience.
We offer our choices in no particular order:
1. 2015 Chevy Traverse LTZ AWD Watch the Video. Seating: As many as seven passengers can stretch out in comfort in the cold or heat with the heated and cooled leather seats. The second row is comprised of twin captain’s chairs, while the third row is a split flat folding bench seat. Cargo: There is more than 24 cubic feet of hauling room behind the third-row seat. With the second- and third-row seats folded flat, it can carry up to 118 cubic feet of cargo. Convenience: Also a power lift gate and rearview camera to aid in backing into tight spaces. Safety feature, Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert Features: Three-zone climate control lets passengers in the rear adjust the temperature to their liking. A Bose 10-speaker audio system provides the tunes. It has a CD player and auxiliary input jack with Bose 5.1 surround sound, as well as a 110-volt household outlet. Every Traverse is powered by the same 3.6-liter V-6 engine that’s married to a six-speed driver-shiftable automatic transmission. This combination delivers 281 horsepower. Price: This Chevy Traverse LTZ AWD is $36,997 with just 22,370 miles.
2. 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab
Pickup trucks defined the term “tailgating” and the 2015 Ram appears to have been specifically designed for the event. Seating: The Ram Crew Cab pickup can transport up to six adults comfortably in the heated and cooled seats. Cargo: The rear-seat back can be folded for carrying additional cargo inside. Consider its store-in-the-floor storage bins located in the cab’s rear-seat area. Large enough to hold 10 12-ounce beverages and ice, each has a removable liner for convenient cleanup. These are in addition to the weatherproof, lockable, illuminated and drainable storage bins built into the bed rails as part of the RamBox cargo management system. They each contain 4.3 cubic feet of storage and, combined, can hold up to 10 cases of 12-ounce beverages. Of course when not tailgating, you can store all sorts of other gear in there. A pickup bed divider can keep coolers and other tailgating items from shifting. The RamBox system also includes a cargo rail setup with four adjustable cleats. Convenience: Folding down the tailgate provides a built-in seat. Rearview camera to aid in backing into tight spaces. Tonneau Cover to protect your load from rain and unwanted guests while you’re enjoying the game! Features: Several option packages that include a 115-volt auxiliary power outlet Uconnect 8.4 Access/Navigation/Bluetooth /SXM/HD Touch Screen Media Center WIFI, Tow Package, Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat w/Memory Position Settings, Power Adjustable Pedals, ParkSense Rear Park Assist System, ParkView Rear Back-up Camera, Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers, Alpine Sound System, Leather Heated Steering Wheel, Bed Liner, Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, Remote Start, Trailer Brake Controller. Comes with the best in class fuel efficient 27MPG Eco Turbo Diesel 3.0L V6 engine which can tow up to 9,200 lbs. and haul just over 1,600 lbs. Price: This Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab is priced at $50,994 with 9,969 miles.
3. 2012 Ford Flex Limited FWD Watch the Video Seating: Seating up to seven with the toasty warm heated leather seats, the cabin is roomy and comfortable. Cargo: At 20 cubic feet, cargo space is tight with all three rows of seats in place, however, folding the third-row seat flat increases that space to 43.2 cubic feet, and folding down the second-row seat expands cargo room to 83.2 cubic feet. When open, the lift gate provides protection from the elements. A power function on the second-row seat moves it forward, easing access to the third row. Convenience: Comes with auxiliary 12-volt outlets in the front, rear and cargo area. Plus with the Rapid Spec Package you get power-adjustable pedals, power liftgate and a 110-volt inverter for powering accessories on a household current (think blender). The Sync Voice Activated audio system is a six-speaker unit with an in-dash six-disc CD player and auxiliary input jack. Backup camera makes getting into those tight spaces a breeze!Features: The front-wheel-drive SEL comes with a 262-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 mated to a six-speed driver-shiftable automatic transmission. There is also the SEL with EcoBoost that makes it a 355-horsepower with a twin-turbocharged V-6. It too uses the six-speed driver-shiftable transmission, but delivers power to all four wheels. Price: $21,994 with just over 45,000 miles.
4. 2007 Jeep Compass Limited FWD The Jeep Compass Limited is the least expensive of our top tailgating transports. Seating: A total of five will fit in the Compass. The driver’s seat is height adjustable, the passenger seat folds flat, and the rear seat reclines and folds flat. Cargo: At 54 cubic feet, it also has the least amount of maximum hauling space with the second seat folded flat. With that seat in place, cargo space shrinks to 22.7 cubic feet. Convenience: A 12-volt outlet is located upfront.Features: What really qualifies the Compass Limited to be on this list is its 115-volt household power outlet and the availability of an articulating speaker pod that folds down from the open rear lift gate and power sunroof. Mustering 172 horsepower, a 2.4-liter four-cylinder powers the Compass and uses an automatic transmission to funnel power to the front wheels. Price: Jeep Compass Limited is $8,771 with 143,080 miles.
5. 2013 Subaru Forester 2.5 AWD An excellent compact crossover that does everything well, the Forester combines a roomy interior with all-wheel-drive stability and a peppy engine. Its all-wheel drive means that if parking overflows off the pavement into a field, there should be no worries about driving out onto the grass. There isn’t one particular feature that earns it a place on this list, but the sum of its parts provides its appeal. Seating: Five passengers fit comfortably in the heated seats. The rear seat reclines and has center-console storage. It is also elevated, stadium style, providing second-row passengers a good view of the road. It also has a jhuge panoramic sunroof to provide a view of the stars for all passengers. Cargo: Luggage capacity is 31 cubic feet, but swells to 63 cubic feet with the rear seat folded. Convenience: When open, the power rear lift gate provides some protection from the elements. Cargo area light w/gate switch. A 12-volt power outlet is located in front and another in the cargo area. Features: Only four speakers produce the sound from an audio system with Bluetooth audio streaming & hands-free phone connectivity and USB port w/iPod control capability. A 170-horsepower 2.5-liter flat-four-cylinder engine turns all the wheels by way of a four-speed driver-shiftable transmission. Price: The base price is $22,699 with just under 24K miles.
6. 2015 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD Watch the Video here… Seating: Seats 7 Passengers comfortably in these soft leather heated seats. The second row consists of two captain seats with second row mini console. The third row is 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Heated Manual Reclining Fold Forward. Cargo: Capacity with rear seats folded is a whopping 84.5ft!
Convenience: Loaded with convenience including 115-Volt Power Outledt, 12-Volt Power Outlet front and back, Covered Cargo Storage, loops, net. Features: Media Hub (SD, USB, Aux) Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth, WIFI, Backup Camera, Remote Start, Sunroof, Tow Package for that BBQ! All this delivers the power you need with an 8 speed transmission and a 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine which generates 290 HP and can tow up to 6,200lbs! Pricing for this 2015 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD is 41,995 with just a little over 16K miles.
7. Brand New 2015 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 2015 Chrysler Town & Country If you’re looking for a Family Room on wheels, this is it! Seating: It’s the subtle details of the heated leather-trimmed seats and styled support that set the Chrysler Town & Country Touring apart. Seats 7 passengers quite comfortably. Cargo: Liftgate flood lamp, tons of extra storage space with the exclusive Stow ‘n Go Seating and Storage.
Convenience: 115-Volt Power OPoutlet, 4 12-Volt front and rear power outlets. Watch the movies with this Rear Entertainment system! Plus, the Uconnect 6.5” Touch Screen Media Center that comes with Backup Camera, Bluetooth, WIFI and more! Plus you won’t have to strain yourself with the Power Sliding Rear Doors, Remote Start, Roof Rack. Plus, Removable Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Full Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror, 4 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet! Features: 283 horsepower 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine with 25 hwy mpg+. Power Tailgate and stadium seating. Price: This brand new 2015 Chrysler Town & Country Touring is priced at $28,724!
8. New 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad AWD
Seating: Third Row Seating Offers seating for 7 in these comfy leather heated seats. Cargo: There’s so much space in this thing you will have a hard time filling it. This Journey definitely grows with your family. Convenience: 115 Volt Power Outlet, 12-Volt Outlets Front and Rear, Under seat storage, Fold Flat 2nd & 3rd Rows for EXTRA storage, Media Center HUB for all your devices! Features: AWD 3.6L V6 engine, Leather Heated Seats, 8.4″ Touch Screen Media Center, Third Row Seating, ParkSense Rear Park Assist System, ParkView Rear Back-up Camera, Bluetooth Connectivity, Rear Spoiler, Leather Heated Steering Wheel, Tri Zone climate Control, Roof Rack, Remote Start Price: New 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad AWD $27,475
9. 2015 Kia Sorento LX
Seating: Three rows accommodating 7 passengers. 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining, Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft Cargo: Locking Glove Box, Cargo Space Lights, Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access, Center Consoles, and Versatile Folding 2nd & 3rd Fold Flat Rows for more space! Convenience: 3 12-VOLT DC Adapters, Power Trunk/Tailgate, USB/AUX Media Hub. Features: AWD 3.3L V6 Engine, Audio System with 6 speakers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Wireless Streaming, Roof Rack Price: 2015 Kia Sorento LX AWD $23,613 with 12,951 miles.
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (My Fav)
Seating: Luxurious Leather Heated Cooled Seating for 5. Cargo: Cargo Tray/Organizer, Roll up Cargo Cover, Cargo Space Lights Convenience: Power Liftgate, 3 12V DC Power Outlets, Power up that George Foreman Grill with the 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet, Tow Hooks, Keyless Enter n Go! Rain Sensitive Wipers. Dual Remote USB Port – Charge Only. Selec-Terrain (TM) System Features: 3.6L V6 Engine (24MPG) with Huge Panoramic Dual Pane Sunroof, Leather and Heated/Ventilated Seats, Uconnect 8.4in Touchscreen Media Center with 10 Speakers, Remote Start, ParkSense Rear Park Assist System, ParkView Rear Back-up Camera, Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat w/Memory Position Settings, Blind Spot Monitoring, Cross Path Detection, Tow Package Price: New 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4×4 $44,384 Wow!
Find something you like? Give us a call (888)869-0963 to schedule your test drive and we’ll help you load an iced-down cooler, a couple of lawn chairs and enjoy!!!