By: Tia Smith and Suzzanne Nickell
What makes this world so special is the fact we get to make our own choices, especially when it comes to vehicles! Today we are going to go over the bullet points that really differentiate the Ford Edge from the GMC Terrain!
When you are looking or deciding on what Model of the Ford Edge you wish to purchase you really need to dig deep in what each one offers and what kind of price point you are looking at, and really ask yourself is this option worth it! The Ford Edge offers the…
- SE….the SE is the base model typically starting around $28.950, offering the necessity items but with a innovative twist!
- SEL…. obviously the SEl is the middle man, if you are wanting more but a fair price this is the way to go starting from $31,790!
- Titanium….now if you are one of those people who go big or go home, the Titanium is your way to go offering all the most advanced features starting at $35,600!
ATTENTION!!!!! The great news about all these models is that to buy these used at Woody’s Automotive Group you will be paying thousands less then the new prices listed above! Check them out here…http://www.wowwoodys.com/inventory/used-vehicles#0/10/DisplayPrice/d/ford%20edge/
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
Top most asked questions about the Ford Edge…
- What is the price of the Ford Edge? Retail price for this SUV normally starts from $28,950.
- What kind of fuel efficiency does the Ford Edge get? Depending on the drive-train the most efficient is the 2.0L I4 Ecoboost engine and you will see typically around 29 MPG on the highway, but if you want a stronger engine the 3.6L is the way to go and you will see around 24MPG on the highways!
- What kind of standard safety features will you see on the Ford Edge? Coming into 2017 this is the new ara of safety features with the Ford Edge offering a Rear View Camera, Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), SYNC Voice Communicational System, Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start, Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor, Steering wheel with cruise, secondary audio and 5-way controls, SOS Post-Crash Alert System, Personal Safety System Side-Impact Airbag – Front and Second Row Safety Canopy, Side-Curtain with Rollover Sensor, and Hill Start Assist!
- What types of technology features does this vehicle come with? This vehicle shines in the Titanium model bringing technology to life offering Heated front seats, Driver’s seat memory, Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start, Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate, Autolamp (automatic on/off headlamps) Wiper-activated headlamps, Reverse Sensing System, Perforated leather-trimmed seats, Heated and cooled front seats, Heated rear outboard seats, Panoramic Vista Roof, and a Voice-activated Navigation System displayed on the 8″ Touchscreen Media Center (MyFord Touch)!
- What is the towing capacity of the Ford Edge? Anywhere between 1,500 to 2,000 lbs.
It’s your turn to hop into the drivers seat of this Ford Edge to see what you think!
So as we are working our way to the GMC Terrain, this SUV is very similar to the Edge offering a very bold but yet sleek design with all the safety features you need to keep your families safe on those everyday trips to soccer practice! The GMC Terrain does offer 3 different models…
- SL…a lot of people love the practicalities of the SL model and how functional it is!
- SLE-1…again with the Terrain the middle model is always the way to go if you are looking for a good deal and the technology you want!
- SLE-2…like all vehicles the top model always offers more, and the Terrain definitely proves itself with the SLE-2!
HELPING ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
Top Asked Questions about the GMC Terrain…
- What is the base price of the GMC Terrain? The retail price typically starts at $24,070.
- How spacious is the GMC Terrain? The cargo volume is 31.6 ft³, 63.9 ft³ with seat area. So perfect for a family of 5 and under!
- What is the towing capacity of the GMC Terrain? 1,500 lbs!
- What standard features come on the GMC Terrain? On the Base model of the GMC Terrain it offers a Color Touch Radio With IntelliLink, Premium Cloth Seats, 18″ Aluminum Wheels, and A/C, Single Zone Manual Front Climate Control. But on the mpre advanced models like the GMC Terrain Denali the features present Forward Collision Alert/Lane Departure Warning, Side Blind Zone and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Park Assist, Programmable Power Liftgate, Memory Driver Seat and Outside Mirrors, Premium Audio System, Heated Driver and Front Passenger Seats, and A/C, Single Zone Automatic Climate Control!
Are you ready to go on a virtual walk-around of the GMC Terrain??
- Comfort Rear passengers will be able to stretch out a lot more in the Ford Edge than in the GMC Terrain. The Ford Edge will be popular with taller drivers and passengers in the front seat, due to its greater front head- and legroom than the GMC Terrain.
- Convenience You’ll be making about the same number of stops at the gas station with the Ford Edge as you will with the GMC Terrain, as they are both able to travel similar distances on a tank of gas.
- Dimensions Since the Ford Edge is much wider than the GMC Terrain, finding a wide enough spot in a parking lot may be a bit more challenging. When looking at overall length, the Ford Edge takes up about the same amount of space in your garage as the GMC Terrain.
- Drivetrain Due to its much higher torque, the Ford Edge does a much better job of transmitting its engine’s horsepower to its wheels than the GMC Terrain.
- Utility In terms of seating, you’ll be able to fit about the same number of people in both the Ford Edge and the GMC Terrain. The Ford Edge has a roomier cargo area for putting your bags or other items than the GMC Terrain.
- Performance When considering towing capacity, the Ford Edge is clearly the choice over the GMC Terrain for pulling heavy loads. The Ford Edge has a little less horsepower than the GMC Terrain.
I hope this blog was helpful for some of you to really figure out what each vehicle offers in terms of technology, performance, space, and convenience! To test drive either one of these vehicles view www.wowwoodys.com, in which we carry every model of each make of a Ford Edge and the GMC Terrain. Now it’s your turn to decide which one is a better fit for your family!