3 CTTW Diamond 14K White Gold Ring for sale With Double Halo–CertifiedFebruary 14, 2019
If you drive for hours to get to a car dealership, is it worth it? Yes, @WowWoodys it is!March 28, 2019
Winter can be beautiful with snow falling and covering the world in a blanket of white, but it can also be dangerous for any motorist. This winter has been especially brutal, with snow and ice coating the roads every time we turn around. There are still a couple of storms expected before spring emerges, so here are some useful tips to stay safe on the roads until they thaw for good.
Tips for Driving on Ice and Snow:
- If you start sliding, turn into the slide. For example, if your vehicle is swinging to the right, turn your steering wheel to the right to counteract the sliding.
- If you lose control, take your foot off the accelerator until your vehicles slows down enough for you to regain control.
- Don’t overcorrect any sliding. Quickly pulling the steering wheel will most likely cause you to slide in the opposite direction.
- Drive slowly! Don’t drive over 45 MPH on icy roads.
- Change speeds gradually. Whether you are speeding up or slowing down, make sure to hit the gas or the brake slowly so as not to slide.
- Keep a larger distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you than normal. To allow yourself more time to stop, allow three car lengths between you and other cars rather than one.
- Don’t stop while going up a hill. It’s very possible that you won’t be able to make it up the rest of the way.
- Never slam on your brakes. In fact, don’t stop if you don’t have to. The last thing you want is to hit the brakes too hard and start spinning.
- Never use cruise control on roads with ice or snow.
Winter Travel Tips:
- Keep extra clothing/food/water in your vehicle.
- Air up your tires if needed.
- Keep at least a half a tank of gas in your car.
- Give yourself extra time to get anywhere.
- Don’t drive if you don’t have to!
If you need a new car to help you drive safely and comfortably on snowy and icy roads, Woody’s Automotive Group has an enormous selection of vehicles with 4 wheel drive, all wheel drive, remote start, heated seats, and more! Schedule a test drive today!