Build Your Own Washers GameJune 15, 2017
Get Inside the RAM 1500June 20, 2017
Family celebrates any and every holiday with food. Of course you get together to talk and have fun. You let the kids play, the adults drink sodas, coffee and drink boxes. But the party gets started when the food is served! You’re having a picnic on the 4th of July, and this 4th of July snack mix recipe is the perfect food for an indoor or outdoor party.
Ingredients for the 4th of July Snack Mix
1 cup milk chocolate chips
4 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Peanut M&M’s in red, white, and blue
1 cup Whoppers malted milk candy
Directions for the 4th of July snack mix
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment. Put your 4 cups of cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set both aside.
- Put the milk chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Use a large spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal. Gently mix as you drizzle, making sure to coat the cereal evenly.
- Place the powdered sugar in a 1 gallon zip-top bag.
- Carefully scoop the chocolate-coated cereal into the bag with the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake it to cover the cereal with the powdered sugar.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then spread it out onto the prepared baking sheet. let dry for 1 hour.
- Put your cereal back in the large bowl and gently mix in the Whoppers and M&Ms.