Preparing your car for WINTER!December 4, 2013
Don’t Panic! It’s Only your Check Engine LightDecember 4, 2013
Old man Winter is right down the road, and if you are a Diesel owner, you know that taking special care of your Truck during the cold weather can save you a TON of time, money and hassle! Here are the top five things you need to do to be completely ready:
- Make sure all of your connectors are easily accessible for your engine heater because if you want to plug in your truck, you don’t want to have to get underneath of it to plug it in to keep your heater warm all night.
- Get yourself an Engine Warming Blanket. This “blanket” protects the engine and machinery of your truck from freezing in the cold Winter weather. The heat spreading technology in these blankets help to keep fluids warm, hoses and pipes safe and machinery tubing from cranking and breaking. They restrict airflow over the cooling system and helps to maintain optimum engine temperature.
- Make sure you have included a Diesel Fuel Conditioner in your fuel because in cold weather the internal components of diesel engines generate a certain amount of frictional drag during operation. With a lubricating fuel conditioner, you can be assured that the parts of your engine are running more smooth, saving you money at the pump and increasing your power.
- Check your cooling systems freeze points.
- Make sure your overall maintenance is up to date! (Wipers, fluids, brakes etc.) Anything that might be wrong with your truck will definitely come to head when the weather gets cold.
Remember, Woody’s Automotive Group has the ONLY Diesel Certified Mechanics in Northern Missouri. You can trust us to take excellent care of you and your Diesel all year long!